* Registration begins 30 minutes prior to event time.
Audience: Everyone that leads change.
Presenter: Carolyn McKanders
The Polarity managment framework and the underlying principles provide a practical set of resources for dealing with all polarites in life. Polarities are ongoing, chronic issues which are both unavoidable and unsolvable. Attempting to address them through customary problem-solving only makes thinks worse. These situations are not problems to solve; they are polarities or dilemmas which require effective management. Leaders, departments, teams and organizations become more effective as they learn to distringuish between the two and deal productively with both. Trhough this work, they can consciously use goup tensions, diversity and divergent thingking as resources for developing high permforming cultures that promote community and productivity.
Managing polarities increases in value as an issue or a system increases in terms of:
1. Complexity—by permitting a view of both micro and macro
2. Change—by converting resistance to change into a resource
for stability and change;
3. Conflict—by developing "Both/And" thnking, creating
4. Diversity—by respecting, utilizing, and celebrating